MEDIA APPEARANCE: Guest on the "The Cinescope Podcast" reflecting on "E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial"
Every Movie Has a Lesson gives a hearty welcome back to The Cinescope Podcast, hosted by Chad Hopkins, after a brief winter sabbatical. After seeing me recently come out of hosting a screening of E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial through the "Kids Klassics" series at The Wilmette Theatre, Chad invited me to record a nostalgic retrospective on Spielberg's film as the return episode of The Cinescope Podcast. This is my second appearance on his program after a spirited celebration of The Karate Kid last summer. E.T. is a cherished favorite film for both of us and it made for lovely discussion. Listen or download below!
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on iTunes
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial soundtrack on iTunes
- Roger Ebert's Review of E.T.
- John Williams and Steven Spielberg scoring E.T.
- Released June 11, 1982
- Directed by Steven Spielberg (Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the other Indy films, Schindler’s List, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, Lincoln, War Horse, The BFG, The Post, Ready Player One)
- Written by Melissa Mathison
- Music by John Williams (see Spielberg filmography + Star Wars, Harry Potter 1-3, etc.)
- Starring Henry Thomas, Pat Welsh, Dee Wallace, Peter Coyote, Robert MacNaughton, Drew Barrymore, K.C. Martel, Sean Frye, C. Thomas Howell, Erika Eleniak